We are so excited to announce the dates for Food Rx, a healthy food and lifestyle class presented by RiverRun HEALTH in partnership with the Chattanooga YMCA. Dates for this special Holidays-focused series are:
- Thanks Giving for Health: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022 | 5:30- 7:30 p.m.
- Happy Healthy Holidays: Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022 | 5:30- 7:30 p.m.
During this event, 3 Leaf Med Spa and RiverRun HEALTH certified health coach and Food for Life instructor, Crissie Smith, RN, BS, will guide attendees on how to use whole foods and a plant-based diet as medicine. Here’s what attendees can expect in addition:
- Meal planning and practical cooking skills
- Learn to make healthy choices
- Cooking demonstration with tasty and easy-to-prepare recipes
- Resources and support for new healthy changes
- Food samples of the recipes prepared in class
The event will be held at RiverRun HEALTH’s Healthy Lifestyle Learning Center, 1067 Riverfront Parkway, Chattanooga. The cost to attend is $25. To register, contact Megan Vermeer with the YMCA at 423.877.3517 or MVermeer@ymcachattanooga.com.
For more information, visit https://www.ymcachattanooga.org/programs/healthy-living/food-rx and stay tuned to our social feeds. To learn more about RiverRun HEALTH and our services, visit www.RiverRunHEALTH.com.